Monday, March 18, 2013

Old Jelly Cabinet Remake


This isn't the average kind of post that I usually do about crafts. But I think this falls in the lines of a before and after project. So here goes.

I saved this old jelly cub-bard? when it was headed to the landfill. I knew it had potential of some sort. The front only had a hole the size of a lemon at first. But I didn't remember until hammering out most of the top, to snap a before pic. So basically, here it is before:
I finished knocking out the old thin board and I replaced it with chicken wire. The rest of it, except for the top and bottom of the door, is basically all solid wood. I purchased the chicken wire at a hardware and tractor supply store.

I just snipped the wire with wire cutters, while holding it up, to get the basic size. Then, I stapled it into place with a heavy duty stapler. And then did some more snipping of the edges of the wire to make it more neat. That was basically it.

And here's the finished cabinet below.
I wish I'd gotten a better picture of it, cause it does look a little better in person lol. Well, I think so anyways. And I decided to just leave the old flowery wall paper on the inside. Well, for now anyways.

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed. To think this was destined for the landfill, if only we all your creativity and insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yea a neighbor was throwing it away and I knew it could be re-purposed somehow. I'm so glad I saw it in time lol.
      Thank you for the kind comment! :-)
      -Lisa

      Delete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you stopped by, please. Happy Crafting! ~Lisa